Old 01-26-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Haris2014

Hi new to this board but i have been reading it for the past few days.

i would like to join your jan intake

i have been sober for 9 days and to be honest i am not sure where i have found the strength.. i truly feel ****-a-hoop to start this journey.

i have been drinking solidly a couple of bottles of wine a night (on a slow night) for 20 years...weekends make that three...and 2 work functions a week, i would go out get buzzed and still have my two bottles, didn't matter what time was.

i was hiding bottles, and drinking the first, of the two, in minutes while my wife was otherwise disposed, so i could pretend i only had one...well done me, a pat on the back from the wife as she thought i was making an effort.

anyway my eureka moment came 9 days ago.. i won't go into detail but i was ashamed about the position i was putting my loved ones in. supposed to be in charge of my two year old, the man of the house etc... on the outside i looked and behaved fine but i knew i was not 100%..not even 50% in control... i messed up an otherwise perfect family day. it will be the last time i do.

anyway on the upside i made a decision, one that i have been hoping to have the strength for...9 days now and i feel great...physically i am mending slowly but the greatest feeling is no more lying...that weight lifted and it is pushing me on.

i am not sure who said it, but i am sure i read it on here... "if you had the choice out of losing one of; the bottle, your wife or your son, which one would it be?"

i can be sure now without action i would lose one of them...so i am taking charge and making sure its the bottle i lose... and yes i have paraphrased the hell out of the original quote...but it resonated so much, i know i can do this.

now i just need to work on my punctuation....that might be a step to far

i have read most of the messages in this jan intake thread and good luck to you all...LETS DO THIS!