Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Bankruptcy

xAH has not paid his share of joint credit card debt since the initial temporary decree. As a result, my credit is destroyed.

I've called the credit card companies and they're not concerned about whose responsibility any of the debt is... So at the advice of a bankruptcy attorney, I stopped making my half of the payments two months ago and she advised me to file for bankruptcy as that way I could at least hope at some point to get my credit back on track...

I have always paid bills on time, budgeted, cut expenses when needed etc... and it is killing me to think about filing bankruptcy and basically say "hey, Im too irresponsible to be able to pay this off so help me"...

It's making me feel so crummy to have to be considering doing this.. But I just don't know what else I have for options.

So... I wondered if anyone else had been in this position and what your experience was...

The bankruptcy lawyer has been very nice and assures me this isn't the end of the world, but it feels a lot bigger to me than I think she realizes...