View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
InParticular

Well I'm sitting here at 7 a.m., on my sofa pulled right up to the wood stove which is crackling away, a nice hot cup of fresh-ground coffee, nice music, and my dog curled up next to me. Life is not so bad after all.
You guys the little redpolls are really not smart about my sliding glass door. There were five yesterday that I saw, all but one flew away after a stun, one poor little thing did not make it I'm afraid. My friend picked one up and held it in his hand until he roused himself and flew off! Soooo tiny and sweet! So I think today I have to tape some plastic wrap to the glass because I'm not going to just sit here watching these birds kamikaze themselves on my doors all day.
And there were so many chickadees yesterday, so many. Yesterday was so beautiful around my place, it was almost surreal. There was fresh snow and I live next to a ravine full of aspen and some evergreen, I found a spot behind the trailer that overlooks the ravine, and the snow was all sparkling, and with the birds everywhere, and a bright blue sky, it was a truly magical moment. So I was standing there in all that beauty and quiet and I thought: why would I ever want to leave here? I love it. I love the nature and the space. I feel like I'm "supposed" to move back to the city, because that's where I've been and that's where my dad and my friends are. But I was never happy in cities, because I don't like crowds and noise. I've always fantasized about living in the country and here I am, why am I thinking about leaving it now? The truth is I love it here. Not only that but the trailer itself, is lovely, perfect for me. I have this sense of home here, that I am learning to appreciate.
My friend came over on Friday, and we painted my living room. It's divided in two sections, one with the wood stove and couch, the sitting area, and the other a big open space with wood floors, perfect for an art studio. And the sliding doors even give lots of natural light during the day. But it was painted this awful really oppressive colour so I never went in there, but we painted it a lovely light green, almost white colour, and it looks so much better. Just need some studio furniture now. I did some painting last night. I love it so much, wish I could just be a painter. Sigh.
Itchy-haha, as usual. They really are so cute, with little red caps and some are showier than others, with bright red dusting on their chests, almost blood red.
We walked up the creek that runs by my place yesterday, it's frozen over. Saw a few beaver dams and one beaver house. The snow settling around you is an unnerving sound, has anyone else experienced that? Like the ground falling under your feet.