Thread: 14 days...again
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zombob

Smile 14 days...again

Greetings SR family! I'm posting this from a treatment center (I finally gave in and am glad I did). I had jumped off back in late Nov. after a month run of sober with the same predictable results. Was sick within 2 weeks and kept at it for another month. Detox was somewhat medical as I was monitored but only medicated for the first 2 days. I'm glad for that as I didn't get the benzo withdrawal to compound the alcohol. Once again my liver labs look ok and I've rebounded physically pretty well. Mental and emotional will take work and time.
This place is good in that it is non-stop education groups and I have learned a few things. There is also a good mindfullness group once a week and I have space to meditate morning and night which I ramped up on day 2 (a habit I quit 2 yrs ago when I drank after nearly 4 yrs sober). I'm also separated from my family and it looks like that will be the best for now. The wife's and my relationship has been toxic for quite some time.
Anyhoo, I still plug this site often (especially to those leaving soon)as a great resource and am glad to be back on this side of the fence. I only get to a computer like, twice weekly so I'll be checking in sporadically. Will probably be awhile before I get a phone/tablet/computer.