Old 01-22-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
We all have addictive personalities, so it makes total sense to replace addiction with another. I am curious about "inappropriate longing or misplaced affection?" Why do you classify it as this? Is it possible that you were distant from others when you were drinking and are now trying to mend that? In my experience, the further you get from the last drink, the more "present" you become. For me, I am having emotions, experiences, and everything life throws at us without an alcohol induced fog. I believe many would call it mindfullness. I am striving for this and know it will be difficult, but I was just going through the motions of life for over a decade and don't want that anymore. I hope you find a good balance. Good luck.
Well, last time I was out drunk there was this young guy, who has laid it on a bit think before, but I was drunk enough to act on it, and once I give a teeny bit of my heart away I get feelings for that person which I can't get rid of... I have been married for 17 years so shouldn't be like that! Then, even though I haven't seen or heard from the guy I just can't stop thinking about him. I don't want to... there was some kind of connection even if it was while very drunk, and he looked at me in a certain way that no one has for ages.... I just don't want to be like this...
I thought when sober for a while it would all go away...
I have had these massive crushes on people before. .. they last for ages and I just want to clean my brain... that's why I started to wonder if it could be an addiction, but to feelings and emotions not a chemical???? Does that make sense? ???