View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Steely

Smile

Hi Golfdad,
Must admit that IMO your not re-setting of the clock is not entirely fair, simply because this site is focussed on abstinence. At least that's what I thought, and the reason I am here. Let's call it the abstinence clock, a clock I do not wish to
re-wind but does not mean that you do not have a right to experiment and try as many (most) of us have, and as previous posts attest. People, particularly in the early days find the counting of days a source of real pride and achievement in their battle with the booze and which in its depths is a killer and never to be underestimated. It is a measure to help and assist in achieving long-term sobriety. I think we are on different clocks like those one's you see in banks and stuff - LONDON, NEW YORK, MOSCOW, PARIS etc. I think there are two different clocks ticking here the AC clock and the MC clock just gotta know what watch you are wearing and make sure you've got a good jeweler. LOL I do wish you the best, seriously. For myself I now want complete abstinance. Made it a month so far and feel so much better. The energy expended (for me) in trying to moderate was just not worth it.