Old 01-22-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Can you also be addicted to non-substances?

Hi - I am obviously not drinking and staying sober is my goal, that's why I'm here... 22 days straight, and 56 since I started trying... so I am clearing up my mind and becoming a sober person \I guess...
But I would like group advice please... it seems amongst all the drinking and work and family I have been burying emotional issues, no surprises, and some of you know how that worked out last time I got drunk...
However, I wonder if when you remove the substances you are addicted to, can you be addicted to emotions/needs/people/affection...

I cant seem to rid myself of inappropriate longing and misplaced affection for people. Logically I can argue it away, but I cant get rid of the feelings...

Is this another addiction? Does anyone know... coz I don't want it anymore. Its been years like this, with different focusses... and I though it was alcohol emotional rollercoaster. But its still here, every day I have an internal monologue over it, specifically the last person who entered my emotional orbit.

What can I do about it? Sorry if it seems self indulgent, stupid, narcissistic and crap. Ignore me if you think its pathetic , but if you have had this, and have an idea of how to proceed, then chip in, I'll be grateful....

I don't want to drink to make it all go away. It doesn't work even if the AV makes it seem appealing!

cheers , Enfin.