View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

KIR is your AV kicking in at a time you would have drank? If so, as Glee says, change things around a bit, form a new habit, a new 'muscle' memory! You are also at a point where your AV will be trying to rationalise with you.... "Hey, we've been sober 2.5 months now, take no notice what these eejits on SR say, sure you can have a few drinks now". Er,No AV, I really can't. It can help to remind yourself of the place you came from 77 days ago, it strengthens your argument.

Occasionally in the early days, I would get in the car and drive so I could just roar shout and swear. It helps!

Grrrr! I can't see your film Thumpa! But I too come to SR most days for my fillip of sober wisdom. Welcome. And you can hand around those muffins you have behind your back!

It's a little quiet here right now, which is a shame because I know a lot of people who quit in of for January are struggling about now, so spread the word people. I know when I first came across SR it was my first time in any online group and I had no idea how to access different threads, or which was best for me. I dickered about for a time before I found this place and later, after a lapse, joined my month class. So if you are reading newcomers threads, ensure they have links here and to the relevant class if you are able.

Babs, good to hear your cloud lifted hun.

BeFree, how's things going with you?

Have a good one Undies, and remember... It's a jungle out there!