View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Maffers

I tried controlled drinking, only to find the drink controlled me time and time again. Changing variables of amount, type, duration mattered little in the long run. Was back to old habits with blazing speed only worse each time on the roller coaster. Truth was I was denying myself the truth, I simply cannot drink like a normal drinker. Sure I could be all proud of myself saying I only had a couple, pat myself on the back. Then without warning a couple turned into stinking thinking of what a few more. Repeat, lather, rinse, repeat. It's such a easy thing to limit it right? The sooner I learned I wasn't like normal drinkers and having a few would always in short time mean going full tilt again realizing it happened with little or no thought at the time of doing it. Yep I tried your exact experiment 100+ times over the past 22 years and came up to the exact conclusion every damn time, right back on the rollercoaster now with more speed.

So it's not an if, its a when you do a repeat the exact reason your here in the first place, if not worse.

ALCOHOLvs me