View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
I still have no idea why I somehow became one of the "lucky" ones.
Me too! In fact I remember when I realized I was one of the "lucky" ones. It was the day I came to after my last drunk.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4489940

I don't look back to read my old stuff, but the moment I realized how grateful I was to have a shot at sobriety sticks out for me and happens to be immortalized on SR!! Dee's response stuck out for me. It's not so much because he said something characteristically cheeky, but because he took the time to connect to me while I was in a moment of clarity amidst tons of chaos and anguish.

Thump - I've found tons of support on SR and this thread. Lean on all the tools available to you - IRL and virtual - for the support you need.

It's been a busy week after being out of town all last weekend, then heading straight into a week of work, kids and studying for another work exam. Tonight I'm un-stressing. I'm having Thai food and tea, and planning to veg in front of the TV.

Twenty three months ago I wouldn't have dreamt that I could unwind without booze, excessive exercise or sweets. I keep following the sober path one step at a time.