Old 01-21-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

I echo what others have said. Let him go. Don't let him interfere with your thinking.

Certainly DON'T call up mutual friends or his family or anyone to inquire about him. That's just going to stir up more turmoil for he and you. Just. let it go. If he is going to get it together it's need to be him doing it. If you need to get your self esteem back, do so and by all means move on to find someone new...it might help you feel better, but could also be a rebound type of thing.

Here's what happens when someone has low self esteem: They strive to find ways to feel better about themselves. Some of those ways are good and enriching and real and give SUBSTANCE. But some of those things are a temporary bandaid. I would caution against making choices that impact your life in a big way while you are feeling so rejected, raw and have such low self esteem. You likely need to be on a recovery path yourself and that often involves baby steps.

So take it one day at a time; do for yourself what you can do and leave the rest to God. That's all any of us can do. I've been at this type of cross-road before many times and letting go can be the hardest part, but also profound in a peaceful way...

Best to you, friend!