Old 01-21-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
exofalcoholic11

Ex boyfriend is alcoholic and left me feeling worthless

Hi all

I split up with alcoholic boyfriend for the 3rd time ,
I have had a major row with my now ex alcoholic boyfriend,
he has been drinking at least 16 days straight since before Christmas I dont know if he is even gone back to work as his brother told me hes missing days with drinking, He vanished over Christmas he was suppose to take me shopping Christmas eve that morning he text me and said he wasn't going, I believe he had more important things to do like drink, he ignored my calls and texts over Christmas even a happy new year message.
I called over to his friends house to see if he had heard from him or what happened him, when he found out I went to his friends house he lost the plot and said that his friend isn't speaking to him now either and its my fault because I called over enquiring and said I was cheeky to do it but i only done it out of concern and he said he would have text me back in due time if I hadn't flew off the handle.
He was so angry with me he said he was sorry we ever got back together, and that we just had good sex and we weren't meant for each other im so hurt by him and even after saying all that he said he didnt want anyone else or didnt intend on having someone else and I know hes jealous if he thinks im moving on or trying too meet someone new.
Im at the end of my teher with it. we have fell out before and he always comes back saying he misses me. He said he was deleting my number anyway and this was because hes trying to get one over on me because I said I would change my number. I was talking to his brother he told me, that he goes on the drink like this ignores everyone including his so called best friend, he said he wont even get up out of bed to help him with odd jobs and hes depressed for days after drinking. He says now he wants no kind of relationship with anyone and he doesn't want to be upsetting me all the time. I was talking to his brother he said he was just staying in bed and getting up to go drinking. I know I'm better off without him unless he sobers up, he has came back before saving he misses me. I'm devastated he was so nasty to me and he even said he was only leading me on.
I know deep down he does really want me, but has a serious problem and needs help, to be honest I think could be bipolar with the alcohol as well. Im so tired of his crap and he knows im the best thing that could ever happen a loser like him and he wont ever meet anyone like me again. We did get on well when he was not drinking.
please help
how do I move on from this for good, is it my fault we keep splitting up?