View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
InParticular

Hi Imvalentine and congratulations and welcome. Good luck on the decision making, trust your gut always!
Jeni, congrats and we'll see you soon!
Itchy, how are you? Poor little Maggie. That's strange that she changed her bark like that. One day at a time Itchy and get lots of sleep. Take some time and take a nap, maybe.
Pets really get under our skin....I still can't think about my childhood dog, Benji, without choking up, and he's been gone for over 20 years. He was a sheltie that grew to the size of a large collie. He was loyal and loving. He was my brother my whole life, until he got sick when he (and I, I guess) was 14. I'll never forget the day my brother took him away. We still have never talked about that day, it was just he and I who put him in the car, my mom couldn't even deal with it and my dad was away. One of my first memories is of Benji in his crate as a puppy.
Mags sorry you're feeling poorly....is there anything maybe in your house that you're allergic to? I know that allergies aggravate my asthma. I'm sure you've thought of that though...
So everything at work fell through. Nothing is happening that was supposed to happen, and now the future truly is uncertain, not my doing. Really disappointed, angry, and kind of panicking about my future because have you noticed that the newspaper biz is kind of tanking? And a few days ago 90 reporters at all levels were laid off from Postmedia in Vancouver, my home base and where I was planning on going back to........eff.
But, I'm trying to look at it as an opportunity and a challenge. Just sad cause I was sort of thinking of staying here a while, as you all know.
Anyway, off to get ready for work. For now, I'm grateful to have a job at all.
Have a good Thursday Overs.
It's been freaking cold here lately. Got a bit of fresh snow. Starting to look forward to Spring.