Old 01-19-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
ClearCut

Congrats on day 19 benice, you're doing just great, and well done on everyone else on another day in the bag. Applekat, Gib & everyone else, you're all doing a great job - we can all do this!!

Stick with us today's newcomers, you've joined a lively and amazing group which will help you put lots of life experiences into perspective. You're never on your own in this, someone else will have had the same hopes and fears.

Silly - sounds positive on the therapist, really hope she makes the difference for you. You are certainly taking an active approach to your recovery and doing whatever it takes to succeed. It'll take time I guess for the mood to stabilise. I think we tend to underestimate the emotional energy quitting any substance takes from us. Keep doing what you're doing, I love reading your posts!

Plenny - loving your commitment to the $10 jar idea! Still haven't started that officially myself, but I have calculated my average previous alcohol spend and will be taking myself on a shopping trip in March for some clothes. The drain on my finances from alcohol made me lazy on my appearance, and I think my wife would appreciate it if I turned her head with a new look! Promised myself now!

Lulu - I've been the same with the eating aspect in the early days. Taken a few liberties on that front! I pretty much decided to go easy on myself though until I get a month in the bag. Food discipline can be my side mission for February! Trying to get some good exercise habits going anyway, should make a difference.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. Keep on putting sobriety first and put the plan into action, in tasty, bite-size pieces.

CC