View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by blindsblinds57 View Post
How do you all deal with being around other people's using. In terms of when they're drinking or smoking dope or popping pills around you? Do residual effects worry/scare you? I can't seem to get the smell of some vodka energy drink my father was drinking earlier out of my nose. It seems wiser to me to just not be around it all and this has been my behavior in the past coupled with extreme self-rightousness and anger towards it but he just showed up at the house with one and offered to help my with my car. I personally do not like it around me at all. How do you deal with such situations? In-fact I deeply dislike alcohol and dope being around me at all.

Also, let's say in theory. You left a cup sitting in a public place, you were using this cup for the free coffee, or whatever had left it where you're sitting and perhaps someone came by that was drinking and talked over it or something is it possible it could be contaminated with alcohol?
Every few years I get together with old college friends. Several still drink a fair amount and enjoy smoking pot. I like their company for an evening or two but then I don`t see them again for awhile. Outside of those who knew me 30 years ago I don`t associate with drinkers much. Family members and co-workers but that`s about it.

Originally Posted by blindsblinds57 View Post
... In-fact I deeply dislike alcohol and dope being around me at all.
One of the first things I noticed after getting sober was the number of people who didn`t abuse alcohol. If others can drink responsibly more power to them. Personally, I don`t hate alcohol. I just think it`s best I don`t pick up that first drink.