View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
erfra7

I ent to a AA meeting yesterday morning and somebody share their story and in there it was something for me, about ego and pride, and being reading about and is true my ego sabotage my friendship , today I'm going to write a letter of apologies to my friend and leave to God to take care of it .
in the mean time I will keep working on those characters defects that I have.

"fear, like pain, is a beautiful thing. Pain tells us what it is in us that hurts so that we can heal it before it destroys us. Fear signals us where we need help before we attempt to take on a world that is so much bigger than we are."....

...."courage is the ability to survive weakness, strength is the ability to weather fear. In fact, if truth were known courage and strength may simply be the by products of peril, not the internal arsenal we build up to defend ourselves against it all. Courage and strength may come after the fact. Once we have been scared to death by something and bested it may be when we really get courage. Once we've found out that strength is something that comes from faith, once we've braved the worst that life can deal us and have endured it-then, may be when we discover that we have become strong, not because of ourselves, but despite ourselves."

this inactive alcoholic needs 24 more with out it.