Old 01-17-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ALinNS

Originally Posted by Zeroine View Post
I won't try to discuss harm reduction on this forum, I can see it isn't generally thought to be a likely route to abstinence and I don't want to cause trouble. But I'd still like to be able to discuss general things like life without drinking and dealing with urges. It seems like a good forum.
All forms of getting us sober and staying sober for the rest of our lives can and are discussed here for feedback, to the best of my limited experience.

What you will find is there are very few of us that could go this route as we already know when we pick up one, we are powerless and out of control, in part because we have abused our bodies for years and our AV is simply that powerful, it is for me, One beer with guys on a farm where I worked who were heading home (migrant workers) and I was off on a 36 day binge, totally out of control and fighting for my life to stop.

Because this sickness gets worse, when giving suggestions I do encourage posters to stop because I can tell you from personal experience, reading and attending meetings it gets worse, some it can take years vs other just a few months, so I would like to think we are trying to impart that experience to save the poster a lot of grief and heartache down the road.

Having said that, if you have formulated a plan cutting it down to no drinking at all and it's working for you, more power to you if it is working and only you know that.

All the best
Andrew