Old 01-16-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Busy place today! Went to the gym again today with my daughter. Then we went shopping at the mall and lunch at the food court. I am still eating like a hog and sleeping like a log ! I think I am so tired because my mind and body are healing after way too long a run with way too much alcohol!

I've read somewhere like it might take a few months to get over this lethargy. I used to get up at like 6 am. Now I usually sleep till closer to 8:30. And I get a full night's sleep! I do feel tired during the day but it is so good to be sober that it's all good. My daughter has drank twice since Christmas or New Years she said. She says I'm a good role model now. She also said it's so nice to save the money. She also said she was drinking more than she let on. She called me and thanked me for another good day with her. I was always so buzzed I was always in a hurry to get on with my buzz and get going on home!!!

Well I can't change the past but I sure can change the future. I always did kinda believe you really cannot change. I definitely realize this is not true. You can most definitely change your behaviors. I'm so glad I'm realizing this. I told my daughter today to enjoy her life. It's going way way too fast for me.

My husband doesn't use a smart phone or computer. He used to get kinda aggravated I was on it so much. I mostly read here on SR. So tonight he says, "You just keep doing whatever it is that you are doing." He's still totally sober too!

I thank God for my newfound strength.

Sunflower - is that a yoga DVD that u do, Utube? I've been looking around Utube lately. Gonna pass on my mind-body book to my daughter along with my hypnosis cd. I bought the MP3 download and the cd. You are allowed to burn a cd from your MP3 but I didn'to know that so I paid $5 for the cd. I will continue listening to the MP3 player. Still gonna find a local class too.

On another thread, Amp said something to the affect that when you decide that you really don't want to drink anymore, things really do change. That's where I'm at!

Gonna call it a day. Lots of great posts on here. Thank you all.

Olivia