Old 01-15-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post

Sunflower - can you expand on your sessions? I'm liking my hypnosis tape. I saw a hypnotist many years ago. I didn't listen to the tape at night tho. I'm older now and finding this very relaxing. I don't think the man I saw was very good tho. Same with a female therapist I went to. I think you mentioned a site to go to (or maybe it was Gib) where you can see the doctor, etc. What impresses you about this hypnotist ? How do you feel after a session?
Hey Olivia, sounds like you're doing really well and I like your list of things you are grateful for, now that you are sober.

It's funny because I was looking up hypnostist for the last month and honestly picked this guy because he was the closest one to me. I didn't realize that he was a "Stress Management Hypnotist" or that we would be talking for an hour before the hypnosis. So basically I ended up with a therapist and hypnotist in 1. He is genuinely caring and sympathetic, really easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor. My favorite thing about him is that he builds me up by telling me my strong points and because of the way he asks questions, I end up finding my own solutions to my problems rather than him coming up with them. It's very empowering.

It's not what I was expecting as far as hypnosis though. I have also done mp3s in the past and there is always the countdown, then the focus of what you are trying to change, and the count back up. He doesn't do countdowns and never talks about drinking. Instead he points out how relaxed I am and reinforces that I am resourceful, with all the knowledge I need within myself.

I am always so relaxed that I end up not wanting to get out of the recliner at the end! I yawn a lot afterwards too.
I really lucked out this time. I have seen countless therapists in my life and nothing compares to this guy. I do think hypnosis for drinking can be very effective and I know you can buy them online. Is the one you use for alcohol abuse? My personal favorite (online) Hypnotist is Erick Brown.