View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by sober4m View Post

What do you guys like to do if you need to keep your head busy with something fun? :P
I love reading, so am always happy for some quality time with a new book - I also go to author events, as I'm lucky to have a bookshop nearby that organises really good events at least a few times a month. (Off to see Ruby Wax talk about her new book, Mindfulness for the Frazzled tommorow night - feel like I've been in training for it this week!!) I've also got involved with reading / book groups locally (started a book group where I used to live as well).

I've signed up for a creative writing coursewhich will be alternate Saturdays for a couple of months, and am presuming there'll be homework.

Meet up with friends or my lovely mum.

Go for a wander round the shops - I prefer to do that alone

I got the sewing machine out and made some bits when I had a LOT of time on my hands (I'm a very slow seamstress).

Joined a beginners running club (again, that was a short term one - am hoping they'll repeat it and I'll do it again - I didn't get good enough to move up to the main club, not that I've fussed about that particularly.)

Am going to be joining a choir that will be starting up soon.

Tried bell ringing, but found the close proximity of my teacher up a draughty tower in the middle of nowhere a little disconcerting - and besides, I was proper rubbish at that!! Lol)

Have also got AA meetings that I go to, and have a couple of volunteer duties at the local church (making teas one week, and helping with creche the other).

I remember feeling at first there wasn't anything to do, then suddenly realised there wasn't enough time to fit everything in. There's always lots to do - I swear that I could easily fill my day if I didn't work.