View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Praying

Are there any friends in your group you're particularly close with that you feel you'd like to keep? Were they yours first or his first?

I think he's likely spinning a web. My XAH even told me things my own brother supposedly said that hurt really deeply and felt like a betrayal...that he never actually said. My X was positioning himself to keep feeling good and hurt me along the way, cutting off my support. They need to keep their facades going.

I found I didn't want to be friends with anyone who was still in his circle, because I didn't want our lives crossing at all.

I'd say, if you felt like any of these people could be a lasting friend, reach out. It may or may not become what you want.

If these people aren't true friends, seek new ones. One thing I found through all my drama is hat the real friends rise to the top and show their colors if you let them. The others weren't worth my time (sounds harsh, but they were unhealthy).

And remind yourself how amazing it is that you've taken these difficult steps to improve the only life you'll get...you're worth it!