View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
sober4m

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
Does once every two months even count.....

Just kidding, but I do think that if this very small amount of drinking comes on your radar, you might want to talk to someone as has been suggested.

Don't know him of course, but he sounds like a great guy.
Reading back the first post, I realize it was misleading (my mistake, I would've edited but it gets blocked). He wasn't drinking when I met him and I made him stop or anything like that. And I don't even know if it will actually bother me if he drinks every 2 months (like you said jokingly, it's rarely). That one time he got drunk actually it did not bother me much. Of course I thought it was stupid, but whatever. That could indicate that my problem is mainly fear of what could happen and not with the act itself, hence why I posted here to read other people's (hopefully positive) experience.

Anyway. there you go.

Thanks for all the advice, guys

I think talking to someone could be good, but at the same time I feel it would solidify this as a "REAL ISSUE" instead of being able to think about it light-heartedly, you know? We create problems in our own head when they don't exist. Maybe by not acknowledging them, it would be cured.

Maybe a good solution would be finding a fun activity to do while he's out with his friends so I don't sit at home stressing & freaking out.
Like going to the gym, or hanging out with friends, etc.

What do you guys like to do if you need to keep your head busy with something fun? :P