Thread: Double winners
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 07:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hi there Wishstar,

I'm a double winner, actually a 4-way winner as I am a member in good standing of 4 different fellowships.

If you go thru a meeting list you will find that some meetings are marked as "closed". That means that only subjects pertaining directly to that fellowship are allowed. There are also meetings marked "stag", which means guys-only, or gals-only. And there are also meetings marked "double-winner" :-) I used to attend a "double-winners stag" meeting that was great.

If an individual of any persuasion is behaving in the boorish manner described in previous posts they should be taken aside and straightened out. That kind of behavior is not acceptable in _any_ fellowship.

Here in Las Vegas there was recently a similar problem, where a Al-Anon meeting of mostly elderly women was acosted by a male Al-Anon with ego problems. The ladies chose to relocate their meeting next door to a "Bikers only" AA meeting. When the offending male Al-Anon made his appearance the little old ladies went next door and asked the bikers for assistance. The problem was resolved in short order.

The little old ladies now bring cookies to the bikers. And the bikers now help the little old ladies with house repairs and such.

Mike