View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Normal people - like my wife (in terms of drinking )simply like the euphoric effect that alcohol produces.

While a normal person may on occasion drink too much, this is atypical. When the sense of losing control, dizziness or maybe a little nausea strikes they stop drinking.

Do you think attending an AA meeting is beneficial in my case? I have absolutely zero cravings for drinking, I would solely go there to talk about how to deal with being around people who drink. Is an AA meeting appropriate for that? Actually I am a very shy person. Haha. I would not feel comfortable sitting in a circle talking about my private life...

I attend AA but no one speaks for AA - each group is autonomous to itself unless it effects AA as a whole. Therefore, what responses you get to your question(s) will be as different as the people who answer them.

For me your question about being around those who drink I'd say that acceptance is a huge key in my sobriety. But that doesn't necessarily mean I would choose to be around someone who is drinking.........It depends. All in all I limit my exposure where drinking is pervasive.

thanks for the thread - Well done on two years, awesome of you to make such positive changes in your life!

We'd love to have ya in the rooms........come on in!