Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
SillyHuman

Morning all.

I love you people. Ya'll are like my ********. I check in here several times a day, and it brings me back to a recovery mindset.

JL, I will be thinking of you today, and I loved the Dorito. Thanks.

Plenny, we should have coffee. People think I have it together. If they only knew that I am a secretly psychotic addict and alcoholic. Work is social, productive, and helps me feel like I am part of the world. I related to everything you said.

Tink, I would like to smack your other half. Stay with us. Now that the booze is gone, relationships will heal. You will see.

Deep Blue, you will find a lot of energy once you quit. We are pulling for you.

Charlie, BIG hug to you. Eat what you want for now. I never found anti-depressants helpful. A small dose of Ability works wonders for me. It is prescribed for me, but costs more per month than I make. So, I order from a place in Canada for a tiny fraction of the price. It is part of my "going to any lengths" to get better.

Sunflower, you are a great mom! You put me shame. My kids learned young that I hit back. The truth is that I am an angry person and should not have been a mom. My two kids are in their mid-30s, and are two of the coolest people I know. Kids are amazingly resilient. If you asked them, I think they would say having a drunk mom was the hardest part of growing up. Hang tough.

Seep, welcome.

Day 7 here. Not looking forward to going to work and hearing, How is the new job going? I got fired for failing a drug test, so . . .

I slept ten hours. Normal for me is seven hours, so a chunk of my day is gone. No matter. The day has many more hours than it used to!

I hope everyone has a solidly sober day.