View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Good morning everyone ... I'm so excited to be able to say this: today I am exactly one month sober!

I have gained much in one month. I am exercising everyday, eating healthily and getting my youthful skin and eyes back. I have tidied the flat and kept it that way, recovering things along the way ... my music which I listen to all the time now when I'm home, clothes and accessories I'd forgotten about (as good as a shopping spree), books I'd bought and meant to read and now have a lovely hour or so in the mornings to dip into, and most of all, a sense of me! Not quite the old me, but a new-improved (ever-improving) model of the old me.

Kittycat would be on the way to vacation - hope it's a great one.

Brach, yes, I really want to hear about the sponsor and AA. I have not attended AA but it remains something I have on standby in case I need a boost. There is a women's meeting very close to where I live.

UB, have a great business trip - it will be so much more productive sober. Thanks for your 100 m analogy too!

Cute, look after yourself - it sounds like you're working extremely hard.

To those feeling blue today, or just having a quiet bit of downtime, we all know - it's better sober!

Every single day this past month I have been on SR, without exception, and it's been inspiring and grounding. Thank you - to Dee especially.