Thread: Liver pain
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 10:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

I had liver pain for a few years and continued drinking. My enzymes were between two and three times the limit. High. I stopped drinking and have not had a drink in 19 months. It's weird I have the liver pains on and off for an entire year after I stopped drinking.

Then, as luck would have it, I started having symptoms of gallstones and my doctor ordered a complete CT scan of my upper abdomen. Even though I was sober for 19 months before the CT scan it scared the living daylights out of me. I was trembling with fear.

I also had complete blood work done.

The physician who read the CT scan had no idea about my history of alcoholism. They did not have my medical record. They didn't even ask so I just figured I would let them tell me what was going on in my body without any more information.

The liver was completely normal. So normal in fact he didn't even mention it on the detailed report of my insides. And wouldn't you know I didn't even have gallstones.

My liver was seriously damaged but it was temporary and it does regenerate with time and complete abstinence.

Thank goodness you're stopping now before your enzymes got really high.