View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LostinLove22

Heartbroken and confused

Abf and I just had an hour long phone conversation. Today marks 3 weeks at inpatient treatment. Was a great talk up until last couple mins...Got into a discussion about his ex-wife and the kids he has two boys and I have my daughter. Abf and I consider all the kids 'ours' as a family unit to not separate. I have my daughter full time as her biological father passed away. My daughter approached him a year ago at 5 years old (I asked her to as it kept slipping out to be sure she wasn't crossed a boundary) and asked if it was ok to call him 'Dad/Daddy Chris'he told her whatever is comfortable for her he's comfortable with it. The discussion tonight got into why when it's just us he refers to me to the boys as 'Mama Mandi' and when his ex-wife is around its 'Mandi' as I fully witnessed this yesterday during the visiting hours (She dropped boys off and picked them up.)
He gets totally defensive and says 'really you're gonna go there.'
I said 'yes as I witnessed this just curious and you are getting quickly defensive.'
He said 'ok we can do this all right now. Let's place some boundaries, like it's not ok for your daughter to call me Daddy Chris.'
That's all I let come out of his mouth as it felt like a knife just went through my heart. I made a poor communication move, and just hung up.
I'm devastated and my daughter will totally be. This man is her Dad! Now he's revoking her that label a year later. I'm bawling for what I am up against with my daughter. Not the first heartbreak won't be last in her life...but her life's been very traumatic in her now short 6 years. Her Dad died at 4 and now her step Dad is taking back that label. I don't get it. I know I shouldn't have hung up and would have got full explanation, but I didn't want him to witness (hear) my heartbreak (instant) bawling. No offense...I am not a big fan of men right now. Hurt my child, mama bear isn't pretty!
Needed to vent, hope to stop crying soon so I can get some sort of sleep tonight.