View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Opinions wanted...

After my xNPD/AH petitioned to RE-OPEN our divorce, was granted a hearing and then failed to show, the court still made me file a request for default judgement and wait until a new hearing date could be set on that...

That hearing is scheduled for next week.

The default was granted BUT the hearing is required to finalize it.

My dillema is this: xNPD/AH knows he is screwed at the hearing and has signed, notarized and delivered to me via certified mail, a settlement he would like ME to agree to and not hold the hearing.

The settlement is way better for me (it's what I originally wanted in terms of crystal clear boundaries about his parenting, notification required when skipping his parenting and financial nonsense) than the default judgement will be.

So, why am I hesitating?

It seems irrational for me to hesitate.

But as far as I've fleshed out in my mind here's why I am pausing:
a. I want him to face the consequence of a judge lashing out at him for jerking us all around when we go to court
b. I do NOT want to show him a willingness to cooperate bc I am angry and fed up with his game playing (but this is dumb because by cooperating I make out better)

Reasons I ought to take the settlement and cancel the hearing:
a. I make out better in EVERY way
b. I make it look like Im willing cooperate with him and we settle this together so it makes him look like the moron he is when he runs back to the court complaining about it since HE proposed it...

Despite these good reasons to agree, there is a vindication desire on my part to be in court and have him held accountable...

So... please tell me Im letting my resentments and justifiable frustration cloud my judgement...

I am sure that I am ... Yet I cant make myself sign this agreement-- at least not yet...

Does any of this make sense? I feel like Im being so irrational in my reaction to this and just needed to bounce all this off you all...