View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by strugglingJim View Post
If I was going to get one book to read to help me, what would that be?
I got a lot out of Allen Carr's book. mentioned above.

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone,
Today is day 7. I am feeling okay. I started meditation and ordered two books that were recommended in this class. I haven't received the books yet I just followed some videos to get started.

Someone posted their daily plan on another thread and I did a similar one with some modifications and posted it on my refrigerator. I need to get a book or something so I can check off when each item are completed each day, meditation, exercise, budget (writing down when I spend each day and on what), etc.

My dad called earlier and my mom has been battling health issues since last July and she was admitted back into the hospital today. She will probably only be in for a day or two but it is just something I am having a hard time with right now. I don't really have any desire to drink though so I suppose that is good.

I hope everyone is doing well and will keep those struggling in my thoughts.

Have a great Monday everyone
Prayers for your mom Emme - and I hope she's home again soon

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I need to stop drinking. I don't know what else to do...I would love some advice. Prescription medication makes me very ill. I don't know what to do...
It's hard to really give advice because 'anxiety' means so many different things, Patricia.

I am confident that not drinking will help give you a consistent emotional level, in time - but I'm sorry it's so rough now.

Do discuss your medication issues with your Dr - if I remember right you have benzoes in the mix somewhere right? That really needs a Dr's input IMO.

D