View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Patricia - hmmmm. I think a psychiatrist is in order. They can prescribe meds. Maybe a therapist later after some progress with a psychiatrist. I saw a post on another thread where you talked about your son and you maybe having mental illness. Anti-depressants make you ill. There has to be something you can take. How bout like Xanax for anxiety ? I hear Xanax is addictive but I never got addicted. I found myself using it when I would wake up in the middle of the night with my workload on my mind. I had to get some sleep! I use about one script a year.

I have a friend who's kinda out there... He got on Zoloft and Xanax and is a new person! He takes the Xanax as prescribed (3x day). It's only been about 5 months. I'll be curious if he gets addicted. He said he doesn't care if he does, as long as it helps and he'll just keep taking it.

How bout supplements? Can you take them? Maybe google these or visit a health supplement store and talk to them.

I strongly feel that with the right meds you'll be good. And I'm not big on meds. When I take calcium it makes me nauseous. I make sure I eat first and I just wait thru the nausea (whereas my sister won't even take it because of the nausea).

Another thread is talking about neuroplacisity (sp?). I'm looking into that tonight.

And finally, mind-body relaxation/mindfulness/meditation. That's what I'm gonna do right now!

Take care.

Olivia