Thread: next level
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Delfin

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Oh sugar bear, such good advice... I hope I can take it before it's too late.

Delf I would love to eat croissants with you.

I'm so impressed you gave up simple carbs and sugar, how on earth- all at once or a progression?

Foods are manufactured now to be addictive. I hate that. And I still eat it.
I never had much of a sweet tooth to begin with, Sleepie, so don't be too impressed by my giving up sugar. I find that simple carbs like white rice and white bread are really not as tasty or filling as the healthier alternatives so again, no biggie. They don't make whole grain croissants, so yeah, I'm still getting simple carbs with the treats. And I've gone back to eating a fair amount of ice cream since I quit the booze.
I changed my diet way back when I was pregnant and found out my diet was crap. I did it over the course of the pregnancy. I was motivated because of the little parasite, you know?
Of course over the years I was undoing the good of the diet with my drinking, since that's a cartload of empty calories. Ha!

By the way, try not to watch too many of those PBS documentaries. They make people stressed about everything! I think everything is amped up for you right now because of the new job. Maybe?? Hopefully you'll do better with the sleep and the food once you're settled in the new job. Then we can talk about the drudgery of work. Ah, to be a wealthy heiress...Lol.

D.