View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to check in and say I hope everyone has a great day!
I'm headed to 3 basketball games & then errands. Feels good to wake up on a Saturday morning with no hangover!

It's hard to believe that 56 short days ago I was in SUCH a dark place & all I did was put the plug in the jug and work my recovery plan & today it's night and day!

***Here are some of my very first posts in November 2015 (I never want to forget!) :-( What I DIDN'T mention in my first few posts is that I was thinking about suicide every night after I drank. Sad...so very sad! And I DIDN'T want to die...I just wanted the pain to stop. When I stopped drinking it DID! Thank you God!!!***
----------------
Posted on 11/5/15- (10 days before I had my last drink!)...

"Trying to start my life over and stop drinking before it kills me. I've been a horrible person while drinking & I am about to lose everything. Looking for support."

"I may go to an AA meeting tomorrow, read this website & try to get some exercise. I only have 28 hours of sobriety so I'm really nervous about screwing up. I really want to never drink again. It has started to make me feel extremely depressed & hopeless. It's a miserable feeling...hellish really."

"I would turn away a million dollars to be sober. I just want my life back. I recently read something that said "alcohol is the devil's poison". It made sense to me because drinking makes me feel like I am in hell. :-( God is much bigger!"
--------------------
If anyone is still struggling...NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP!!! If I can do it YOU can do it!!! Put your sobriety #1 and everything will fall in place. It's not easy but it is SOOOO worth it! If it wasn't worth it & I didn't feel 110% better I would still be drinking!

Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!