Thread: "puke" update
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
Keep in mind that this isn't just about for what purpose he booked a hotel room behind your back. That was just the straw that broke the camel's back. The hotel room was just the last blow after years of cheating, lying, emotional abuse, irresponsible behavior...you know the story! You re-read your past posts! His giving you a hard time for running off is very manipulative--he's trying to play on your insecurities, make you feel foolish.
EXACTLY. I kicked out the last ex (not an alcoholic and not a cheater but a pathological liar who told all kinds of grandiose stories to make himself look more impressive than he is) when I found out he had lied to me for FIVE YEARS about his AGE--he'd always claimed to be two years younger than I but he was actually five years OLDER (I found out by running a background check and then looking at his DL he had just had to obtain his birth certificate to renew). If that was the ONLY thing he had lied about I would have found it silly and a bit pathetic, but it was the icing on the cake--I didn't think I could trust anything he had ever told me about himself.

It's not about a one-time incident. At some point everyone reaches their limit, and that one incident represents everything that has gone before. The damage is cumulative. It's your privilege to say ENOUGH at any point. I certainly think you have WAY more than enough reason to say ENOUGH.