View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

illi - I can relate to the fact that things need to change in order to be happy. And drinking to just forget about it. Lots of good words in your post. Funny how it sometimes becomes easier to drink and not fix. I need some changes too.

Benice - I'm on day 8 too (although I like to day 16 but I had two wines on NYE). The time is passing so quickly and I'm not even noticing either. That's a great sign! Sure beats white knuckling what day I'm on. Never been much of a day counter. I like that I accidentally started on Jan 1. Makes counting certainly easier! Love that I'm not noticing the days flying by. Sure beats sleeping through part days and still thinking how fast weeks are going! I've enjoyed every minute of every day so far. Love being awake at 9 and 10:00 at night sober! It really is easier to stay sober than work at all that dam drinking.

I always have lots to do. So much that the more I drank, the more overwhelming it became to get things done. So much easier sober to tackle what needs to get done.

I can't say enough about mind-body relaxation/meditation this time around. Instead of stressing over things I have to do I'm more concentrated on getting a few minutes of solitude each day (even if it's when I wake up in the middle of the night). It's making all the difference in the world. I paid $15 for a download but I see there is plenty on Utube free.
I was checking out one on mindfulness/hypnosis/stop alcohol on Utube last night. Only listened to a few minutes. Will listen later. There was a picture of a candle on this one. Sounded good so far.

So I've been sleeping like a log and eating like a hog! I thought the scale was gonna be way up. Stepped on today and it wasn't! Shocked! Face redness starting to tone down. I'm light skinned so the darn flush is terrible. I'm 5'5", medium boned and 173 lbs. I've got a good 15 lbs of booze on me. When I quit in 2009, I dropped to 160. I could actually feel
my leg and hip bones. Loved it! Well, that's my goal. Eating too much chocolate but will tackle this kind of stuff later.

On my phone, in the car (husband driving). Not good at responding to each person but I sure love reading all the posts. I get so much out of them. Thanks everyone for "sharing"!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Olivia