View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
learntofly

Hey guys, checking in on Day 75! Sorry I don't post much. I do read all of your posts and root for you all every day! I won't lie, my first 60 days or so of sobriety were more or less hell. Alcohol was the only thing that seemed to keep my depression at bay, and without it, I didn't feel like I could function. It was like a huge black cloud was hanging over my head, and I didn't think I could make it. It seemed like I was just making myself suffer for no reason, and that I could just fix it quick with a drink. I knew though that I couldn't live like that anymore, so I just tried my best to push through. It was awful, and any time I wasn't working, I literally stayed in bed all day, every day. I didn't understand how sobriety was good for me, because it definitely didn't seem like it. I can't believe it, but I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Over the last couple weeks, I've miraculously had energy to do things. I've been exercising and meditating and eating healthy and dare I say I feel almost happy? I haven't felt this good in a very, very long time. I just hope it lasts! I just wanted to let you guys know that even if it seems like nothing is getting any better, hang in there! It will get better and you will be strong and happy and a better person for it! I almost gave in so many times, but I'm so grateful that I didn't. I never could have imagined how great this would feel 75 days ago. Don't give up guys! You all deserve a better life! Hope everyone has a great night! =)