View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I anticipated some responses regarding a "comparison" to my BIL as that is usually a good excuse to lessen one's own problems. I don't want it to be interpreted that way.
I think the reality is that it doesn't really matter if you "want" it to be interpreted that way or not....a duck is a duck is a duck so to speak, right? You've developed a very keen sense of ways to deflect discussions about your own drinking issues away from yourself and find reasons to discuss anything but that topic. Yes you admit it when you drink, but one thing you never seem to do is commit, or even talk about committing, to any kind of plan/program/process to deal with your own drinking problem.

Right here in this thread, you openly admit that 1 - you drank, and 2 - you are entertaining thoughts of drinking again. Then you go on to give detailed accounts of the problems your brother and father are having with their addiction. Certainly they are real problems and difficult for you to deal with, but why no mention of your own problem? That's the only one you have control over.