Thread: Newbie here
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gingasnap

Talking Newbie here

Hi everyone.

I wanted to say hi and let everyone know I am here reading and finding support through others thoughts.

I am on day 3 of being sober. I've been trying for several years now to do this, and this past Monday was my day. I personally love red wine and I would have 2 glasses every night and a bottle each weekend night. Seems a bit excessive to me., and I feel guilty about it, so I'm stopping. I've been drinking like this for the past 5 years..I'm 42 years old.

My only issue, I am concerned about, is my live in boyfriend is a heavy drinker. He is not stoppping, but I think he has slowed down some. I just don't know if I can continue to live with him, and continue my own sobriety. How does one go on this journey and live and watch someone drinking? Has anyone had success with this type of situation?

I am very active. I work full time, I work out, I have many hobbies to keep me busy. I have a busy life. I know I can do this! I can do anything I put my mind too! I quit smoking two years ago, cold turkey, so I could have back surgery.

Thanks everyone! I hope you all are having a great day.