Thread: hurting heart
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hopepraylove

Originally Posted by jennym View Post
I've posted a few times with my story so I wont repeat it. I did finally make him leave 6 months ago. We tried once after he left but he wasnt working a good program so we never made it. For the last 4 months, I have stayed away with mostly success using tough love except my heart is still sooo broken. I loved this man a stupid amount!! Xmas he messaged so I spoke to him. Not about us just about him and life. He let me know last night he is using oxy and has decided to get clean. It makes me so sad. I listened to him and he thanked me. He wants to be friends but it hurts sometimes. I think I had hoped he would finally do the right thing and get his act together. Nothing like that for a reality check. I think I had hoped deep down for a different outcome. I hate how long getting over him is taking. Sorry, just needed to vent!
I'm in a very similar situation as you Jenny. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I've been broken up with my ex going on 5+ months. There are good days and bad days, it does get easier. Keep coming back.

Have you considered going to al anon?