View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Grace2

Good afternoon dear OvertheUndies and a happy ‘top of the hill’ day to you all. I hope to find you all well and happy. It’s 13.45 here and the sun is actually making an appearance, it was a bit foggy and damp this morning, but it’s much more cheerful now. I didn’t get much sleep last night because I coughed, coughed, coughed all night! Pay back time to my husband lol! Everyone I know seems to have a cough or a cold right now. I took my mum to the Crematorium this morning, believe it or not it’s the first time we’ve been since my dad passed away and it was something we needed to do. I was dreading it but it was okay, better than I though, we put his name in the book of remembrance, which is lovely and put some flowers and a little stone robin on his plot. I think my mum feels better for going too. It would be his 84th birthday tomorrow, bless him. I’m sorry to keep talking about him and I’ll try not to keep on about him too much, it’s just that I need to get it off my chest sometimes. My two youngest grandchildren are going to a Pantomime with their school this afternoon so I’ve got an extra hour before picking them up. The oldest one who’s 8, is somewhere on the Asperger’s spectrum and has a phobia of panto’s so he’s with his other grandmother.

Hope you’ve recovered from oversleeping Saskia, I hate doing that, it makes me feel groggy all day. Hope your finger tips have recovered too. xx

I.P I bet those chickadees enjoyed their breakfast all the more this morning. Squirrels are very clever and I bet he’ll soon figure out how to get the food out of the feeders. You’re very lucky having blue jays, we certainly don’t get them here and I’ve never even heard of whiskeyjacks. -8F sounds a bit cold, hope your car started. I don’t cold very well, I’d probably be in hospital with hypothermia, wrapped in a foil blanket!! Where is you dog, is he in quarentine or something? Bet he’ll be excited to see you again.

Those Lorikeets are absolutely stunning V.C, I’ve never heard of them before, what magnificent colours. We’ve got a little parakeet and I’m currently trying to teach him to talk, not very successfully though, mind you he’s still very young yet. I’ve got him eating out of my hand now but it’s slow going, good thing I have lots of patience. Can’t believe I read that you are on a diet!!! On the pics I’ve seen of you, you’re a right skinny Minnie. Wish I was as slim as you. Those pasties look like they’ve just been bought from a shop here!

GroundhogDay, your findings on nasty pasty have really made me laugh out loud. To be honest, although I say it, I haven’t a clue what it really means. I just thought it was a polite way of telling someone how horrible they are! Don’t know where the soy bean comes in to it, that’s a new one on me! Glad you were productive with your report, I bet you felt better for making good progress with it.

Mmmm, fish, chips and lashings of malt vinegar, I could just eat some. Drake you’ve made me hungry. A double post is better than 3 lost posts!!!

Good afternoon SoberWolf, I hope you’re keeping an eye on those birds!

Mags, I can relate to anxiety attacks, they’re horrible, but you’re right it could be withdrawal from the meds you’ve been on. I agree with V.C, it may be worth just mentioning it to your doctor.

I’m confused now F.B.L, how can you wear a pasty??

I like your remedy for when you’re out of sorts Rusty!

Anyway, I’d better go and spray some furniture polish round before my husband comes home so that he thinks I’ve been cleaning up, lol.

Love to you all and take care.

Gxxxx