View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
ultradad

So, I'm up early helping kids with homework and enjoying my cup of coffee. Now that I'm not working I have extra time to spend with them and its been a pleasure...sometimes stressful, but grateful nonetheless.

I had asked my friend that has over two years to be my sponsor because he's offered to go through the steps with me over the last 5 months and I figured he knew me better than anyone. Anyways, he was supposed to come over Monday night to talk and get started, but as usual he hasn't followed through. I know this is one of his character flaws, but I was hoping things would be different and God knows I have my own flaws. I'm wondering if I somehow unconsciously picked him knowing he wouldn't follow through so I'd have another resentment and excuse?

Its just, once again, really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for AA and I know, I know...not everyone is like that and whatever he's doing is working, I guess. I don't know, just venting a bit...

I do know I have peace in my heart this morning and I'm grateful that I'm sober and I have the choice to stay that way today!

Have a great one!