View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post

Thanks ultra dad,

You are spot on with your comments and it's helpful to be reminded of the truth. I'd not heard "this disease is the disease of addiction and alcohol is just a symptom" before but it makes perfect sense.

My ex wife (and still my best friend) used to tell me for years that I had no balance. Bit of an understatement that.

Over the years I've got addicted to many things and participated in unhealthy ways. That includes exercise, I wouldn't just go for a run, I had to enter competitions, racing over mountains carrying my own tent and food for two days or enter into one day races that were almost forty miles long up hill and down dale.

I also got addicted to work for many years and definitely feel completely burned out now.

All or nothing - that's me.
Ha, yes indeed, and this is why I ran a 50k through the mountains in November, a 24 hour run through the mountains in December and have 50 miler in less than two weeks : ) Like a good addict, I went from a 5k to doing a 100 mile ultra through the mountains two years ago and have been hooked ever since! My wife tells me the same thing...no moderation!

Glad to see you have a plan and are moving forward!