View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
obxtacy313
obxpaul

Another Day on the long road to Sobriety... Everything went pretty well, feeling better,a little more thought clarity, guts not hurting and not really giving in to that little voice saying "just a shot of booze would be just RIGHT". Might be the Devil, but not the religious type (STILL might be the Devil). Even after a full day's work, have a LOT of time on my hands so I have to get used to the idea of being more productive at home. Perhaps an exercise program might be in order?

It snowed here on the Outer Banks today, and pretty damned cold too. I was thinking that a few weeks ago, I would have used the snow and cold as a reason to sip some booze and get that belly warmth one gets as he poisons himself. Coffee worked pretty well, though. Little differences are really pretty big differences I am finding out.

One thing that is puzzling me - I have not, as yet, had any really serious symptoms of alcohol withdrawal - maybe a little anxiety caused by the fear of slipping up- but generally things are going well. I do have a physically active job so that might be tiring me, but i have slept pretty well these few days. Right now, being sober beats Hell out of any vitamins I am taking. Not being overconfident because I know I am my own worst enemy in this battle. Just seeking any feedback on the idea of just feeling better without debilitating withdrawal symptoms. I am doing this with support from family but am not in a program or under a Doctor's care. That would be the next step if I fail again, I imagine.

You guys' dialogue is just invaluable to me, it lets me realize that I am not alone in this struggle. You all, and all the SR forum members have my thanks