Old 01-04-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Findingtheway

Difference between January 4 (2015 and today)

Hello SR.

Call this a gratitude post or whatever you like...But i wanted to post about my experience about this past year.

I'm 363 days sober. January 4th of 2015 i was right in the midst of a BAD binge. I started to drink on New Years eve and well was in a drinking haze for 5 days straight.

I remember drinking from the moment i woke up (as in 7am) and drinking whiskey and orange juice.

Somehow i remember trying to rationalize that because it was orange juice it was OK to be drinking at that time? (Insanity...Reality was out the window.)I had 87 sober days before that 5 day binge. I had a sponsor i had friends in AA but i still CHOSE to drink.

I didn't have a connection with a higher power. Looking back i think i fell prey to one of the *blank* spots it talks about in the book.

Today i feel different. I have worked the steps to be the best of MY ability. I have a sponsor that i connect with DAILY. And he calls me on my nonsense behavior when it crops up (And it still does!)

I've committed to a home group of AA, and i'm there every week. I'm ready to celebrate my medallion at the end of this month.

Today i was able to get up, shower, get dressed and come to work.
Last year on this day i couldn't have told you my name...

I've started to pray and though it dosen't come natural i am praying to the BEST of my ability on a daily basis.I don't feel the urge to drink anymore...And for that i am grateful.

I thank SR for being here, and for anyone who reads this.

Keep coming back!

Findingtheway