View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Hi! I'd like to join this class. I've been hanging around SR since last April! I, too, love this site.
It's been very, very helpful and eye opening. Thanks Dee and SR for all of your help!

So I've been sober, drunk, sober, drunk all last year. My last drink was Christmas Day. Well, not really I guess cause I had a couple wines on NYE. I felt like I had to have a drink on NYs. How dumb is that! All it did was give me a terrible headache and bad buzz! But, I haven't had a drink since! Yay!

Last summer I was having health issues so I took a break and told myself drinking is out of the question. Then I drank again. Lately I've had more health issues. I'm very afraid of serious complications resulting from alcohol. This time I'm very calm. I was drinking one bottle of wine a day (most days) and worked up to almost one BIG bottle of wine a day! I felt like I was constantly throwing bottles away.... Clang, clang, clang! So tired of the anxiety, irritability, etc.

On another note, I love the talk of meditation. I'm just starting to get into that myself. I bought a book called "I Want To Change My Life" by Steve Melemis. It talks about mind-body relaxation to relieve tension (tension causes addiction, depression and anxiety). He uses the stomach breathing approach. I like the book so far.

I also bought a self-hypnosis Stop Alcohol program which I downloaded on my MP3 player. It's not great but the more I listen, the more I'm getting out of it.

Anyway, looks like a good class is forming. I'd have nine days if I hadn't had two wines on NYE. That's ok, Jan 1 will be my start day. As I said, I'm very calm and ready to do this. I've spent enough of my life drinking. I'm really enjoying these dry days. My husband has joined me too. Of course, winters are our down times. Not so much stress! It's amazing how much more I can get done sober. And I'm a high-functioning alcoholic. It's just so much better already.

Emme, good to see you. How's your mom? My aunt is doing really good. And JL hang in there. It will get better. A couple other names rejoining in January. Good to see u too! Just drawing a blank!

And hello to all the newcomers. Happy New Years to everybody.

I only work on my phone so I tend to do more reading than posting. I will try to pick up on the posting.

Olivia