View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
tatersalad

Lol me a d.d. ????

Just checking in . Went out last weekend to a going away party for a dear friend of mine that is moving out of state. I sat there at the bar from 6:00- 3:00am with most of my life long friends / ex- drinking buddies and did not have one beer. But i did give in to a good luck toast of a mint luquor shot in his name. It was tiny and i hate that stuff anyway so i didnt feel any urge to drink any more.
Now i realize it technically was alchohol but im not acknowledging it as a slip. I acomplished my goal of not experiencing any effects of alchohol and proving to myself that i dont need to drink to enjoy those peoples company. I had a lot of fun.... Actualy more than i recall having drunk.
What suprised me is how much people respected my decision (even though they had a million questions).
Anyway needless to say by the end of the night i was the only one still sober to drive the straglers home. Lol and not a moment too soon.... Their jokes and stories where starting to get old after their drunk asses kept repeting them over and over (you know what I mean)

Last edited by tatersalad; 01-03-2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Not done