View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Yes. I remember feeling like my life had ended. Luckily I found out that it was actually just starting. Breaking up with Alcohol led me to a place where I could be happy; joyous; and FREE. Admittedly, not straight away, but the people I met who were sober and had a healthy recovery were able to offer me enough hope to get me past the immediate painful period.

What are your plans for recovery? Have you started on them yet? If not, it might be a good idea to start on that. Starting with a list of what Alcohol has done to hurt you and your life; your relationships; your reputation; etc. during this great romance. You AV (addictive voice) is doing a great job crowing about all the supposed great stuff it's done, and while you listen to it, and even muddle it with your own rational thinking, you're letting your AV weaken your resolve.

Call time on your AV, and pull it up on this bulls**t it's feeding you. If alcohol was that great you wouldn't even be thinking about quitting. But you ARE. And you came here. So that AV is wrong, wrong, wrong. Indulging in the 'Romanticising Alcohol' line of thought is really dangerous for our chances of making a good crack at sobriety.

Wishing you all the best for your journey to sobriety, and through recovery to peace, joy and serenity.