View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Steely

Smile

Good morning classmates. This site has helped me so much in remaining on track. Alone I cave in because I can't cope with the feelings/memories and become overwhelmed with no-where to turn outside of the bottle shop. I feel supported here and am really surprised as to how effective on-line support can be. I don't offer much except to read posts, make a few lame attempts to reply to posts but so far have not really started talking about me and my struggle. I think I'm afraid to start talking about it because I really don't know how I feel outside of anxious and depressed. I'm holding the view that with deeper sobriety this will change. I do have one positive feeling, trepidatious as it might be that I am so very glad to be sober. Depressed, anxious and drunk vs depressed, anxious and sober - no contest. The woman at the local shop smiled and engaged with me yesterday as she has now seen me sober for nearly two weeks. Stoked. No shame. Wishing my fellow December travellers everything that you wish for themselves. Yay us.

Last edited by Steely; 01-02-2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Grammar