View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
solow

I got through a stressful day today and I'm quite proud of myself. I've had huge amounts of admin to do for my business. Mainly catching up on mountains of accounts and me and my brother (who is just joining me in business) weren't getting on too well. I built my business from scratch and it was really hard and I felt he was undervaluing what i'd achieved by just criticising instead of appreciating the fact that over the past 2 years I had to work myself to near insanity to get to where I am now. Clearly I did enough to make him want to leave his own business concerns behind and hitch a ride with me instead! But he seemed to just see where I'd lost a hold on stuff and ended up having to pay money and lose profits where it could have been avoided occasionally. I mean, I was on my own, at the coal face and he doesn't understand what that was like! Of course instead of saying this to him I was just getting all apologetic and acting like he was right and I was useless.

I started to feel miserable and it crossed my mind a lot of times that I could just have a drink to feel better and not care but I didn't. Im glad I didn't though as I feel much better after sloping off for a while to be alone and he's stopped being an idiot now. I think he realised he was being a bit unfair.

Hardly a huge challenge to get through the day without drinking as I'm in a very safe place to stay sober but still... its only day 3 after all and I feel like every little trigger is dangerous right now. However, another day done and family tension resolved for now!