View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JohnQPublic

Looking for an online sponsor

Hey everyone. I am sober and doing good. I have around a month or three weeks and my relapses have been infrequent but still without fail this past year. Every month or few I go and drink beer then feel bad and sick and get back on the sobriety horse. I am starting my new sobriety count with the new year, one to make it easier and two as a symbolic representation of the start of the new year and a new day to day change in habits and life. Anyway I thought since there is not any good meetings in my area that I can attend and that this has been such a positive site for me I could ask someone in the community to be an online sponsor. I thought through the messaging system or email I could get some occasional one on one sponsoring. I am a Substance abuse therapist but am not practicing right now (because we have a new baby and I am being a stay at home parent) so I know all the book and scientific knowledge but I am looking for human support and experience from someone who has already struggled through the beginning stages of recovery. I did not become an addict/alcoholic until well after I became a addictionologist ironically but I know enough to know I still need help and cant do it myself. I have tried and failed enough alone. I am a 40 yr old white male so anyone who thinks they have the experience and desire to help, along with a little time under their own belt, please post here or message me. Thanks so much and I am pulling for everyone and will help by posting and support as much as I can. Peace be with you all. John.